Cane Systems has unmatched experience in implementing the Granite Service Resource Management system. But we also work with other SRM platforms such as Cramer and Metasolv (UIM).
When you purchase and implement a SRM platform (like Granite, Cramer, or Metasolv) you're making a big investment. Not just in software, but the effort to load and maintaining the system is significant.
At Cane, we developed the best practices for implementing Granite! We know whats important (and whats not) when building the reference models for your SONET/SDH, DWDM, and MPLS networks. We understand the challenges in managing Trunk Group and traditional TDM services, and we know how to optimize Granite to get the most bang for your buck.
You're not getting the full value out of these systems unless you're integrating them with others. And thats where we can really help. Here are some examples of value-added integration projects that weve done:
- Integrating with NetCool alarm enrichment is performed by dipping into Granite to identify the services that are effected on an alarmed port, card, or shelf. A list of impacted customers (and their e-mail addresses) is retrieved to issue notifications.
- Billing Reconciliation your billing and/or order management system are the authoritative sources for customer information. SRM aligns Customers to Circuits and SLAs
- Integrating with EMS/NMS queries of element management systems (including Cisco CTM, Cisco ANA, Tellabs 7190, ALu SAM, NetCool Precision) to retrieve device information. Network element data can flow directly into the system, or generate discrepancy reports for manual reconciliation.
- Integrating with ASR given an ASR, populate key fields (end points, bandwidth, circuit types) and load circuit design template. Creates a work order for each ASR to manage the design and provisioning process to issue FOCs and DLRs.
Most manual operations are repetitive and dont require the expertise of a network design engineer. We build webapps (in Granite using OPI) to simplify and streamline network design, maintenance, and reconciliation process. Here some examples:
- Ring-Node Wizard steps the user through the process of adding or removing a node from an optical ring.
- MPLS Wizard prompts user for topology (point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, multipoint-to-multipoint a.k.a. bus in the cloud). For each endpoint, appropriate UNI or NNI is created and access paths to PE Routers are built.
- Trunk Group Wizard adds and removes DS1s (and their DS0 channels) to/from a trunk group, resequencing TCICs and TFNs as appropriate.
Cane provides advanced application and development support, including:
- Installation of product upgrades and patches
- Advanced template development
- Validation rules and plug-ins
- Advanced reports and integrated reporting
- Data clean-up and reference model retrofits
- Wizard development and support
- Server performance analysis and tuning